Can One Wear a Wig Without a Wig Cap?
It’s no more a secret that human hair wigs have become a solution to major hair problem. Whether you’ve just had a hair cut that went wrong, suffering from a nasty hair loss or just want to switch up your look, wigs are there to sort you out. Have you chooses your favorite wig and understood how to wear it?
If you are just starting out, you probably have so many unanswered questions. One of the most prominent questions is whether one can put on a wig without a wig cup. If so, how does one go about it? In this article, I’ll be giving you a guide for rocking your wig without a wig cap for a seamless, natural looking style.
Can One Wear a Wig in the Absence of a Wig Cap?
This decision sorely lies in your hands. If you’re still not sure about this, try experimenting with and without a wig cap for some days. This gives you the option of choosing which one feels more comfortable. In addition to this, you can also determine which of the two options look more realistic.
While making your decision, consider the following:
- The size of your head. This differs from one person to the other and in case your head is larger, you might find wig caps to be quite uncomfortable. This can result in headaches should you wear the wig cap for a prolonged period of time. On the other hand, if your head is smaller, the wig cap may tend to slide underneath the wig, and your wig could fall off. If finding a wig cap that perfectly fits your head, then feel free to wear your wig without the wig cap.
- Cotton and nylon wig caps are the most popular, but not the best for people with a sensitive scalp. While nylon caps could be scratchy and irritating, nylon caps can dry out your skin.
- If you are in an area whose weather tends to be hot, then doing away with the wig cap is an option. Adding an extra layer of fabric would make the heat unbearable.
- For people with no real hair, the wig cap can be excessively tight. No matter how well fitted the wig cap is, they may experience light-headedness.
- If you really must put on your wig cap, ensure it is clean and well fitted.
The decision on whether or not to wear a wig cap is your choice and will be based on your personal preference. It is up to your scalp and your desired look.
If you have hair, a wig cap helps in keeping your mane safely secured and out of your way especially if either your hair or wig is colored. If you don’t have hair, a wig cap protects your scalp against any uncomfortable or scratchy feeling that wigs tend to have.
All in all, wigs are an essential tool that protect your hair and keep your wig in place.