DRY HAIR IN HAIR EXTENSION
One of the main damage caused to hair extension is its tendency to dry. The simple answer as to why hair extension dries up after a few weeks is due to the use of heat, chemicals, and lack of moisture in the hair. The food we eat plays an important role in keeping our hair and body healthy, but this cannot be done to hair extensions. Aside from the fact that hair extension gets dry after use for some time, there is also another defect associated with the use of hair extension. Nevertheless, hair extensions can be taken care of using alternative methods such as:
ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Do not hesitate to brush your hair before bed so as to prevent any form of natural tangle caused by friction or wind.
- Absent yourself from brushing your hair when wet because that is when the follicles in the hair are most vulnerable.
- If you’re looking to wash your hair with shampoo, make use of shampoos that are free from sulfate or organic free. Sulfates in shampoo strip the hair of its natural oils as your hair extension don’t get any form of nutrient from your scalp. In order to avoid your hair extension from drying, it is advisable to make use of sulfate-free shampoo.
- Wash your hair with warm water to prevent your hair extension from damaging.
- Gently wash your hair in a downward motion making use of your palm. Do not bunch or scrub the hair together as this will open the cuticles and make them rub against each other.
MORE ALTERNATIVE WAYS TO TAKE CARE OF HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Rinse your hair between every wash and wash it 1-2 times.
- Add a few drops of natural oil to your hair maybe 2 or 3 drops while your hair is still wet. This will make penetration easy and add moisture to your hair.
- Natural oil is always the best, as it does the work of conditioners. It is more preferable because is it free from any form of silicon or chemicals.
- Rinse your hair and not your scalp with cold water. This will help close the cuticles and lock in moisture and nutrients in the root of the hair and leave your hair extension nourished.
- Avoid the use of heat when drying your hair. Allow your hair dry properly with natural air. This is because heat makes the hair swell and dry the strands at the same time.
- Apply small out of oil (coconut or almond oil) as at when required. These oils are an amazing choice for styling your hair. The coconut hair is most preferred because it keeps the hair moisturized than other types of oils.
- In order to keep a long lasting hair extension, it is taken care of them just as you take care of your skin and natural hair.